- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (7-ounce) box KONRIKO® Wild Pecan® aromatic rice (about 1 cup)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 cup)
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped red and yellow bell pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan; stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat and cook 20 minutes or until broth is absorbed and rice is tender. When rice is done, spoon into large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add onion, bell pepper, salt, red pepper, black pepper and thyme; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are done and vegetables are tender.
Cool shrimp mixture slightly and add to rice along with tomato, green onion and parsley. In a small bowl combine the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil with lemon juice; mix well and pour over salad. Toss gently until well mixed. Serve warm or chilled.
Makes 6 servings.