- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 to 1 1/4 lbs boneless chicken, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (7-ounce) package R.M. Quiggs Yellow Rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 (2-ounce) jar sliced pimentos, drained
Combine salt and pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle half over chicken; toss to mix well. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken and cook until brown on all sides, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet with a slotted spoon.
Add yellow rice mix to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth, oregano and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and cook 10 minutes.
Stir in chicken; cook 10 minutes. Stir in peas and pimentos and cook 5 minutes longer, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Makes 4 servings.